Be updated, upskilled and connected …. with MEC membership
MEC has a diverse and inclusive membership of individuals and organisations with an interest and expertise in music education in its widest sense. By joining MEC you are helping to support music education. Whether you are a music teacher, animateur, music therapist, researcher, clinical practitioner, student, professional, community musician, active amateur or just have a personal interest… there is something of value for you within the MEC membership.
- Update and widen your personal expertise and knowledge by hearing and learning from experts in the wider MEC community
- Take part in debate and discussion on matters of policy
- Update your knowledge and skills by taking part in events and discussions on a wide range of relevant areas of practice
- Take part in working groups and joint activity to take forward some of the key issues
- Build your professional networks through meeting other MEC members
MEC Advisory Group
You can also nominate yourself for membership of MEC’s advisory group. This influential group meets (physically or virtually) twice per year with the group suggesting topics to discuss. Discussions are an opportunity for all to reflect on what is happening in the sector, identify key issues, seek future solutions and inform policy makers.
Pay it forward
Membership also includes an opportunity to nominate another organisation or individual for free membership for one year. The ‘Pay it forward’ scheme enables MEC to widen the membership base to reflect the broadest, most diverse community of expertise.
Categories and rates for 2021
Individual Membership - £30 per annum
Organisation Membership - £300 per annum with 50% discount for charities and not-for-profits